Monday, March 5, 2012





 Next in my life... I had some horrible turn of events. I lost a young niece in a tragic car accident and in creating memory gifts to give to the family. I was able to work through some grief... little did I know how this would help me a couple years later when I also lost my Grandfather to cancer. These are a few of the items I made. The pillow is made from fabric where I used flowers from her funeral and pounded the color unto fabric. I gave the pillow to her Mother,  I used her clothes for the quilt made for her grandmother. I also sewed a quilt for a friend's sister, that lost her son to a violent crime, his killer was never found, but I do hope this quilt gave her come comfort.  It was fringed around the outer borders when finished, but I couldn't find the photo.This little bag is what her ashes were placed in as we laid her to rest. I miss her everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment