Friday, March 16, 2012




Okay, let's try some paper piecing...did I mention that I was a gemini and usually only happy when I try several news things at one time. This isn't my first paper pieced project... but this pattern is called spinwheels and I absolutely loved it! The golds were made for a special friend's daughter. Erin is a beautiful, smart young lady and I enjoyed every minute making it for her! I wish her many, many years of wedded bliss!

The second, done in purples was made for my Dad's sister. I will be totally honest and say... My father was an alcoholic, pretty much left our family when I was 9 yrs old. Something I really never got over.... but life goes on. His life caught up with him and he passed away.... way to early... my sister and I made the trip to Virginia to attend his funeral. It was a good, but sad trip. What impressed me the most was his sister's love... she took care of him until the end....  her forgiveness and faith in God really touched me. I went back home, with forgiveness for my father in my heart and I made this quilt to honor Jean.... I sent it to her and a part of my heart healed. I really loved my color choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment